Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Bethany's 6th Birthday

Today was a long time coming for one particular girl. Bethany had been counting the day down to her 6th birthday since January and somehow we knew the excitement was going to be at its highest! So in the great words of Gloria Gaynor

First I was afraid

I was petrified

Still wondering how you could no longer be five

But I spent so many nights

hoping the day would not go wrong

we thought strong

and decided to carry on

so we wrapped

and we baked

we wanted to see you there

with that big smile upon your face

I am going to have to get a lock

and hide away the secret key

If you just let me for one second

remember when you were three


No not now, I locked the door

it is not time now

No boys are welcome here anymore

ill just answer the phone and tell them a goodbye

You think id crumble

when you look me in the eye

Oh no, not I

I will survive

as long as i know there is love

I know I will stay alive

I've got all my life to live

I've got all my love to give

and I'll survive

I will survive


The little Princess sleeps the night before the big day.

Is this classed as morning? I was not convinced, but anyhow let the unwrapping begin!

Birthday sweeties

The biggest present kept till the end. A scooter for those tedious school journeys

Roller boots to help those moment of getting away faster.

Pink Roller boots

Test driving the goods

At 11am the decorating bag party started. Bethany and her friends chose iron on stickers to decorate there canvas bags, then we played party games followed by the birthday tea!

Birthday tea party Jacob, Anya & Lilly

Cerys, Lizzie, Bethany & rebecca

The homemade birthday Cake

Amazing!!

6 years ago was Weymouth Carnival and this was the day that Bethany decided she wanted out.. of the womb! So because she is a proper Carnival Princess we thought we would actually see one of the best parts of the carnival day 'The Red Arrow display'

Bethany trying to be a Red Arrow

Time for the real thing!


How sweet they made Bethany a love heart for birthday.